Most of the iPhone users have been asking about Cydia and Jailbreak? To put it in simple words, Cydia is an important for almost all iPhone users. So if you are an iPhone user then this following post will definitely help you in understanding what is Cydia and Jailbreak. Many iPhone users are facing difficulties in adding Cydia after jailbreak on iPhone and iPod touch with Pwange tool and Snowbreeze. Today I am going to share how to install Cydia without Jailbreak.
Quick Info about Cydia
Cydia is an independent application for iPhone, iPod and iPad touch. This installer application was developed by Saurik (Jay Freeman). It is sort of similar to Apple’s application store. If you want to make best of your iOS device then you should install Cydia that will allow you to download amazing utilities and tweaks. The applications offered by this store are available either for free or you have to buy application at certain amount.
Cydia is much similar to Apple’s app store but still there are few advanced options available in Cydia. There are some applications that are not accepted by Apple. There are tons of tweaks and utilities applications that are found in Cydia but not on Apple’s store. All these apps are really important for iPhone. The best thing about Cydia is that it offers more than 4, 00, 00 applications which are very useful for your iPhone.
Apple does not allow you the ability to change the themes of iPhone. It is natural that if you are an iPhone user then you will like to change the theme of your iPhone. There is a small app called “Winterboard” that will allow you download and install amazing themes on your iOS device.
Getting Cydia is a complicated thing to install. In order to install this app, you will require to jailbreak. Many of you may not realize the importance of installing Cydia without Jailbreak.
In order to install Cydia you no longer need jailbreaking. It is a kind of complicated process, but still installing iOS is 100% legal. Though, Apple is still fighting for Jailbreaking and Cydia installation saying that it is illegal. It is 100% safe and almost every jailbreak application is approved on Cydia. There are different methods available for installing Cydia without jailbreak. In order to know how to install you should follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Install Cydia without Jailbreak 2013
- Connect you iOS device to the computer and activate WiFi options with a valid IP assigned to both the devices.
- Ensure that your phone is connected to the SFTP program. You can search for WinSCP on Windows. Use this program in order to SSH in your iOS devices.
- Enter “Host Name” under the iDevice. The IP address can be found under the WiFi settings of your iOS device. Then all you need to do is fill the field as Username: “root” and Password: “alpine”. Then hit the login button. Now you will be able to SSH to your iOS device.
- Click the terminal icon in WinSCP. In order to find the Cyberduck, all you need to visit Utilities > Terminal
- Now enter the username and password to type “ssh email@example.com.”
- As soon as you visit the terminal, all you need to do is enter the current Cydia program in order to install iDevices. Use this command apt-get remove cydia
- Use apt-get install cydia command to reinstall the app without jailbreaking your iOS device.
I hope, you are now aware about the simple steps that need to know in order to install Cydia without Jailbreaking. In case of any queries, you can leave comment below. All the best and enjoy tons of Tweak and Utilities from the Cydia app store.