So what exactly is Instagram?
Instagram is fun, quirky and free. It works on the principle of sharing your life with friends and family through a series of pictures. It is like an exclusive social network for Photographs/videos. 3 steps: 1-Snap a photo with your phone, 2-Select and add a filter effect to stylize your image and 3-Upload and share with friends– as simple as that, Instagram is creating a world connected through photos. Apart from sharing your photos within the app, you can also share on a photo-by-photo basis via Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.The app is easily available for free download from the Apple app store or Google play store for your iOS and Android devices –ONLY. That’s right – Instagram is officially available only for the iOS and Android platforms. But its popularity has resulted in duplicate apps entering the market to satisfy the demand, especially for those who do not own the required devices. Some of these fakes come really close to replicating the exact features of the original app, but none is as impressive as Instagram.
Also Read: WhatsApp for PC Download
Check out the official website: Instagram (P.S: You cannot signup/in for Instagram by login in to this site from your computer)
How to Sign Up for Instagram on Computer and Sign in :
An Instagram account can only be created via your iOS or Android device. Unlike other apps, there is no Facebook login or any web login option. If you have a device that runs on either of the required platform, Instagram Sign up is easy:
- Download and install the Instagram app from the Apple App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- Launch the app and tap on “Register”.
- Enter a username and password to create your Instagram profile. You can also import profile details from Facebook.
- Tap “Done” to save profile details and create your new Instagram account.
Create Instagram Account without iOS or Android Devices:
To access and use Instagram app on your PC, without any help from a mobile device, you will have to create a virtual environment on your computer capable of running apps that otherwise run only on the Android or iOS OS. This is possible with an Android emulator or app player like Bluestacks or Intel Appup.
We recommend Bluestacks. You can download it for free form here
Download Instagram on Computer or PC
Now let’s see how we can use this emulator to access Instagram from your PC:
- Download and install Bluestacks app player from the link given above.
- Download the apk file for Instagram Android app from Google Play Store using .APK Leecher
- Open the .apk file with Bluestacks, to automatically install the app.
- Alternatively, you can also search for the Instagram apk file using Bluestack’s search tool, which will help the emulator to automatically download and install the Android app.
- Once installation is successfully completed, start the Bluestacks app launcher and open the Instagram app from the Bluestacks library.
- When you launch the app for the first time, it will prompt you to sign up for Instagram.
- Enter a username, password and other details to create an Instagram account by following the on screen instructions.
Now you are ready to use the Instagram on Computer.